There’s a famous saying in the real estate business: “Location, location, location”. It simply means that where your home is located — the neighborhood — is just as important to potential buyers as the features of the property itself.
Sellers often make the mistake of creating a long list of home features while ignoring neighborhood features. They tout the spacious kitchen, the newly renovated bathrooms and the gorgeous backyard deck, but say little about the area.
So when you’re ready to sell your home, sit down and create two lists: home features and neighborhood features. Buyers want to know both.
On that neighborhood features list, include:
- Location of schools and daycare centers.
- Major retailers and shopping centers.
- Proximity to major commuting routes.
- Theaters, night clubs and other entertainment.
- Rinks, gyms and other sporting facilities.
- Green space, walking trails, ponds.
When buyers have their eyes on two properties which are comparable in features, the neighborhood is often the deciding factor.
A good REALTOR® who knows your area can help. Call today.